Friday, March 24, 2006

Hi,
I always wanted to write my thoughts. I never really fooled with a computer before my son went to Iraq to work. To keep in touch I needed to learn how to use email and go on his blogspot. Family is very important to me. I have 2 sons,a daughter and 2 grandchildren(a girl 4 and a boy 6 mths). They mean the world to me. My boys are 30 and 32. My daughter is 27. My husband and I have been married for nearly 33 years in June. I have had many ups and downs in my lifetime. My faith in God has kept me going. I have 2 brothers and 4 sisters,all younger them me. Our mother died in November of last year.She had a hard time raising us because she was slow in understanding and was childlike herself. Our dad was no help because of the way he treated her and us. He had and still does have alot of self pride. He could never admit that he was wrong about what he said or did. Somehow we all survived and grew up and have families of our own. My mo and dad separated 29 years ago. Almost 3 years after my last 2 sisters were born (twins). My husband and I took my mom,brother and twins in until my grandfather (moms' dad) helped them buy a trailer of their own but my grandfather and I took care of things for them. We lived in the same family neighborhood until we built our knew home in town. I have took over the Mother role for my family in a way. We have taken in my sisters and brothers in and the ones that had families to help them out in their or need until they could get back on their feet. We have also taken a couple of my sisters' boys also. I guess you' d call me the caregiver of our family. When our mom got sick, we took her in and took care of her until she died. Her father and mother(my grandparents) died in 1990 (grandmother) and 1996(grandfather).That was hard on me because they were always there for me during my rough times growing up. About 12 years ago our family was torn apart for awhile because of something that happened. I was devastated but I knew because of my children and husband I had to go on. When my daughter got married things turned around and they forgave and we began to be a family again. That meant the world to me. I keep saying we because I mean my husband and I. He has never through all these years denied me of helping my family.Not too many husbands would do that. He has his faults that makes things hard sometimes,but I know he loves me with all his heart so I overlook them. Sometimes its hard because I do alot for him to keep things together so he does't have to worry. He gets depressed and sometimes I think to myself he shouldn't because he has it made compared to many. He has always worked hard and we seem not to be able to get ahead but with the good Lords' help everything seems to work out.I am in our churches choir and do the readings in church. I'm Catholic but I believe that there is only one God and Savior and if you believe the same thing then who am I to judge you because you are in a different religion.I have been going to church 4 days a week during lent and on Sundays and praying alot for my family.Especially for my son in Iraq.Not only because he is over there but just before he left a relationship he had (engagement)was broken off because of something from his pass. He loves her dearly and is very hurt but has alot of faith and hopes one day they will be back together. When my children hurt, so do I. My middle son still lives at home. There are things he needs to change in his life and I pray someday soon he will see that also. Our daughter is happily married now 5 years in June and have our 2 grandchildren. They are something else. I babysit them and other neices and nephews while their parents work. Its hard sometimes because my patience isn't like it use to be, but I love doing this and teaching them values and things they' ll need to start school. I wanted to be a teacher, so now I'm doing it at home with my family. I pray everyday for my little ones and family members because this world is in such turmoil I fear for their future. I hope through my example I can continue helping them. I am for from perfect but I know everyone knows they can count on my help whenever they need it. Well, I guess thats all for now. I'm here to listen to anyone who needs help and if I can't help with advice at least you know I will pray for you and be there to listen anytime.
MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU SAFE!!!

5 comments:

Cajun Tiger said...

Mom...I'm so impressed!!! =)

Meme said...

Thanks B. and you're welcome.I really do miss you'll being around like before, so I hope I do get to take care of your little boy when R. goes back to work in August,then I'll get to see you'll more.LOVE YA!!

Meme said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Mom,
Where do I start. No words or actions will ever express the unconditional love I have for you, and dad. I know I can be a pain sometimes. Just so you know if we ever argue I usually think about it that night, and cry myself to sleep. You, and dad do lots for me, and have helped me TONS. I'll be forever greatful, and don't think for one 1,000,000th of a second that I don't appreciate everything you, and dad have done for me! Thanks for all the patience ya'll have given me!
I know I've said in the past that I'd start making things better, but that hasn't happened yet. So far the only thing that's been constant, and that I haven't given up on is working. I know it's not the best of jobs, but it fits me. Getting paid to ride around all day, and interact with people. Not saying I'll make a career out of it, but it's a start for bigger, and better things.
Just know this, and NEVER forget it. You and dad are the best parents anyone can ask for. Many parents would have kicked their kid out at 18 or younger. NOTHING will ever repay what ya'll have done for me.
Love you two ALWAYS,

Kayne

Meme said...

Thanks for your note Kayne. I know we don't always agree on things but we know you have a big heart and I don't think we could ever make you leave. I know you feel bad after we have an argument because of the way you are later. I know you better than you think. I try to pray everyday for you,Shane Laine and her family that things work out for you'll. I hope as we get older and our patience may get worse and whatever else might happen that you'll will never give up on us. Just keep faith in God and one day your prayers will be answered. He is always there for us no matter what we go through. Even though there are things I'd like you to change, we are still proud that you are our son and will never give up on you or your brother or sister.
GOD BLESS AND TAKE CARE! LOVE MOM AND DAD